So we have been getting lots of requests for more recipes that Bake-Better can be added to- Did you know that Bake-Better can be added to almost any recipe to boost nutrition including dietary fibre, protein, prebiotics and omega3. Here is one of our favourite cake recipes – a super moist, nutty, juicy Raspberry Orange Almond cake full of flavour and topped off with a crunchy crispy almond topping. And as an added bonus this cake is vegan friendly, egg and dairy free and even has a gluten free option.
Serves: 12 | Prep Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 50 minutes
1 ½ cups all purpose flour or gluten free flour
¾ cup ground almonds
2 tbs baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ cup plant-based milk – we love almond
1/3 cup fresh orange juice
1/3 cup oil – we love coconut or plant-based margarine
1-2tbs Plant Science Bake-Better
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tbs vanilla extract
Zest of ½ lemon or orange
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
2/3 cups sliced almonds
Pomegranate seeds (optional)
Powdered sugar for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 180degCel. Grease 20cm baking pan
2. In a large bowl, add flour, almond meal, baking powder and soda. Wisk together and sit aside.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together milk, orange juice, Bake-Better.
4. Sift flour mixture into wet mixture and stir until just combined- do not overmix
5. Pour batter into prepared baking pan and set aside for 5 min.
6. Cover with raspberries then sprinkle with sliced almonds
7. Bake for around 45min or until toothpick inserted into centre comes out clean.
8. Remove cake from oven and let cook completely before dusting with sugar and pomegranate seeds
Recipe adapted from Raspberry Almond Orange Cake by Bianca Zapatka