This delicious Gut-Feeling choc vegan quinoa breaky bowl is the perfect way to start a cold winters morning. Packed with fibre, protein and prebiotics to ensure your gut is in tip top shape.
Serves: 4 | Prep Time: 5 minutes Cooking Time: 25 minutes
1 cup uncooked white quinoa
1 cup unsweetened almond milk (plus more for serving)
1 cup coconut milk
1 pinch sea salt
4 tbs Plant Science Gut-Feeling
2-3 tbsp maple syrup or coconut sugar
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract (optional)
3-4 squares vegan dark chocolate (roughly chopped)
Toppings- banana, berries, nut butter, date sauce, crushed seeds, coconut yoghurt, coconut sugar.
1. Thoroughly rinse quinoa in a fine mesh strainer for 2 minutes.
2. Heat a small saucepan over medium heat. Once hot, add rinsed, drained quinoa and toast for 3 minutes, stirring frequently, to dry up water and slightly toast.
3. Add almond milk, coconut milk, and a pinch of salt, and stir. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to low and cook for 20-25 minutes, simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally.
4. Once the liquid is absorbed and quinoa is tender, remove from heat and add Gut-Feeling, maple syrup and vanilla (optional). Stir to combine.
5. Taste and adjust flavour as needed. Add a bit more almond milk if you prefer the thinner texture. Add 1tbs Gut-Feeling per serving for a more intense chocolate flavour and added fibre and protein.
6. Serve each bowl of quinoa with a small square of vegan dark chocolate, and desired toppings.
Can keep in fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in microwave or over low heat.
Recipe adapted from Minimalist Baker.